Saturday, September 10, 2011

September 11th, 2001

On that day, I do believe I woke up later than I should've for school. I can't remember if I caught the coverage right away, or if Sarah called me and told me what was up. Probably the latter.

I do remember the commute to RRC being far more sombre and quiet than usual. I also remember a TV being set up in the general area of the Graphic Design department so we could all stay up to date. The gravity of the situation gradually became apparent to me as the day went on, and that nothing would ever be the same.

That's all I remember.

1 comment:

Jeope said...

I was on holidays, at my mom's in Nova Scotia. I flew in the day before. We drove to my sister's that day; we had a roast duck. Flew out, one week later, the first day they started flying planes again. I was upset. My mom went on a whats-wrong-with-the-world rant. I'm a lot more upset with how the whole thing has been used since.