Friday, July 02, 2010

BNL-fueled Nostalgia


I'll admit it...I own The Yellow Tape. A lot of folks I knew back then did, too.
I just came in from work and heard a CBC concert featuring The Barenaked Ladies performing their very popular cover of Bruce Cockburn's "Lovers In A Dangerous Time" with Bruce himself. I suddenly remembered how I loved to watch the above video every chance I got (Much had it in heavy rotation back in the day).

For those of you unaware or too young to know, the record store in the video was part of the defunct A&A Records chain. I can't remember where any of the Winnipeg locations were.

I was going to say more stuff, but my sinuses are killing my ass, so my thoughts have evaporated. I'll leave you with this: to me, Steven Page will always be that guy that was in Barenaked Ladies, and the Barenaked Ladies will always be that band that Steven Page was in.

No comments: