Monday, May 17, 2010

Random Thoughts: May 17th, 2010

Bison Smokie On Donald & Portage
Friday's brunch.
  • Changes are afoot. In about a week or so, I'll be an uncle. In two weeks, I'll be a homeowner. Come late October, I'll be a dad. In-fucking-sanity.
  • Output. Creativity has slowed to a mere trickle, if you can call it that. With the impending move, the living room is full of boxes, so I'm even less inclined to do stuff. On Friday, my drawing desk was dismantled for easier transport. Factor in my scattered/dark state of mind, I've been the very picture of inertia. So, how have I been getting my kicks? Well, through impulsive writing/blogging/whatever via this blog, Twitter, and this blog's offspring (which is actually dedicated to rapid sharing and half-thoughts). And I'm alright with this. I'll get back to drawing. The creativity/consumption balance will be restored in good time.
  • Philip Lumbang Obey Sketch. Check it out. It's from his days of working with Mr. Fairey. Nice, eh? Quite a contrast from his bear-centric spreading of happiness, which is also pretty damn nice. Check out his work here.
  • Safeway In Winnipeg. The history of Safeway in Winnipeg at West End Dumplings in four parts, with copious pictures – start here. I've been meaning to link this up for a while now, because it's just so damn interesting. Props to Christian Cassidy for his dedication and research. Be sure to check out his other blog, This Was Winnipeg, and his Flickr photostream.

No comments: