Saturday, February 20, 2010

GARBAGE (can)!

Pip Skid's Skid Row Release Party poster

If you're in town, you really shouldn't miss this. The almighty Pip Skid + a live band = one for the ages.

This poster was done rather quickly, as the promotional ball for the show (and the Skid Row album) had to get rolling, pronto-like. Yeah, there are things I'd change, but whatarey'gonnado? There's grit in excess on this, and I blame my Art Chantry influence. I've been a fan of his work since the mid-'90s, and as a result, his use of photocopied elements – and the resulting "fuzz" – has crept into my work. That toner grit is like distortion or feedback in a song, which is often icing on the cake for me.

This weekend, I'll be cobbling together the design for Skid Row – put out by the good folks at Foultone Records – which will be graced by the raw illustrations of Eddie Ayoub. You've seen his work on Pip's digital releases: The Pip Donahue Show and I Can't Be Stopped. I hope to due justice to his dopeness. Wish me luck!

No comments: