Sunday, January 10, 2010

MPLS2010 - Post 3

  • Today, the eating was epic.
  • If you're in town, be sure to visit Hell's Kitchen. Ralph Steadman art on the walls...instant cool points. We decided to check out their gospel brunch (complete with vocal quartet and keyboard player), and it was terrific. I had a truly filling and lovely bison burger topped with blue cheese and a side of fries. The fries were a vehicle for their amazing homemade ketchup, which couldn't be more tomato-y. Oh, I forgot to mention our starter! Two words: sausage bread. It's de-fucking-licious. Combined with Hell's Kitchen Peanut Butter, you've got toast that puts a foot in that ass. I bought a large jar of their PB for home. It had to be done.
  • We must've spent three hours at Ikea. End result: we now own a Verksam chair, which has great back support. That, and a shoehorn that looks like a snake. Ssssss!!!
  • I've admired Murray's from afar for years, and I decided that it was high time I admired it from inside. Yo...I can't remember the last time I was so stuffed AND happy. Silver Butter Knife Steak for two with potatoes au gratin, sauteed mushrooms, Caesar salad, and a mountain of shoestring onion rings. Steakgasm. Icing on the cake? Our waiter, Dennis. So suave. Fuck this graphic design and illustration shit...I wanna be him when I grow up.
  • Tomorrow: Al's Breakfast and Texas Roadhouse in Grand Forks.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude pretty much everytime I go to Minneapolis I hit up Hell's Kitchen - that place is so awesome

Allan Lorde said...

Yes indeed. Great atmosphere and food!

Steph D said...

Did you know my lady lived in MPLS for several years? She says one place she really misses there is Punch Pizza. Says she is impressed with your food choices thus far!

Allan Lorde said...

Didn't know that! I'm glad she approves. :)
Just looked Punch Pizza – sounds dope! Adding it to the "next time" list.

Penny Lane said...

steadman.. really.. must go there.. :)