Sunday, January 10, 2010

MPLS2010 - Post 2

  • It's 12:13 AM. Adult Swim time. I'm preparing to sit through an episode of Bleach, and two episodes of Fullmetal Alchemist for one episode of Cowboy Bebop.
  • A packed day! Breakfast with Lon, his lovely daughter Alice, and the super-awesome Dale Flattum was terrific. Corn pancakes, y'all.
  • We went to Electric Fetus right after breakfast, followed by Robot Love, Soo Visual Arts Center, a nearby art store, and Cheapo. I'm coming back home poor.
  • Had lunch at the Bad Waitress. Food = terrific. For non-alcoholic drinks, I recommend the Robert Palmer.
  • From there, Sarah left me to my own devices at Big Brain Comics, while she found an amazing deal on shoes at Avenue.
  • Have I mentioned how much I love Big Brain? I probably have. It's the cleanest and most organized comic store I've ever been in. While there, I heard the new Tom Waits live album and Grant Hart's new solo recording. Both are great. Again, more money was spent.
  • Missed out on visiting the Who Made Who folks, so we briefly visited a nearby record store, then dined at Pizza Luce.
  • Pizza Luce is my kind of place. The staff is fun, and the menu copy is suitably cheeky. We had some of the dopest wings I've ever tasted, followed by a killer 12" pizza, and an incredible sundae. God-willing, I'll be back.
  • In the morning, Hell's Kitchen, then Ikea.

No comments: