Thursday, December 31, 2009

Al'z 2010 Resolutions

A Dirty Wish
Portage Ave., December 30th, 2009.
  1. Sweating the Small Stuff: Yeah, it's incredibly clichéd, but you and I both know this is unhealthy behaviour. The last thing I want to do is sound like the Serenity Prayer, but there are things – big AND small – you just can't fucking change. Once you realize that, just move on as quickly as you can. And when I say "you", I mean me. Obsessing over tiny, annoying things has kept me from being awesome, and 2010 is all about being that.

  2. Health: I proved to myself late in this year that I can change my eating habits. Christmas festivities have derailed things somewhat, but I plan to get back on that horse after the Minneapolis trip. Me and the Y need to spend some quality time together, too.

  3. Eat More Bacon: I fully realize that this one is in direct conflict with the previous resolution. Shut up.

  4. All Things Creative: I'd say I've made some strides this year, the biggest being the launch of my portfolio site. However, there's always room for improvement, and that will only come from drawing everyday, including the things I find challenging. Also on the agenda: posting the rest of the Japan photos, taking better photos at shows, and writing more blog posts. Got a project underway in regard to that last bit, but I don't feel like revealing much.

  5. T-Shirts: I plan on buying a lot of 'em. I'll start with this one.


I'd say that's a pretty healthy list. What are your resolutions? All the best to you n' yours, by the way.

4 comments:

jared said...

I have that lord quas shirt in green, it's a good pick for sure. All the best in 2010 homie, make it a good one!

Allan Lorde said...

That's the plan, dude! All the best to you and yours.

e.h. said...

your 3rd resolution is awesome. i'm jumping on that bandwagon with you.

Allan Lorde said...

Rockin'! There's room for everybody on the bacon bandwagon. :)