Sunday, November 01, 2009

Random Thoughts: November 1st, 2009

Darren Merinuk
King Merinuk! Taken at a Dirtbombs show in 2006.
  • In the Rubber Room. I'd like to take this opportunity to give my man Darren Merinuk some shine, as he's one of the reasons I'm doing posters. Basically, I just wanted to kick as much ass as he has in the service of good music and all things cool. Lately, he's been tooting his own horn via his blog, In the Rubber Room, and believe me, it's a been a long time coming. As much as this dude does stuff on an international level (record labels and magazines throughout the US and Europe have utilized his talent), he's a rather quiet fellow that isn't known as well as he should be in his hometown, IMHO. Go to his blog, and get familiar. You won't regret it.

  • RAW! My homies DJ Brace and Birdapres recently put their heads together and created the dopeness that is RAW. Bird on the beats, Brace on the cuts. Such a simple formula; RAW is an apt title. You need to experience this, so get your ass on over to http://www.djbrace.com/raw/ so you can see what I'm fussin' about.

  • Peter de Sève interview. This is simply the most entertaining interview I've heard with an illustrator, and the fact that the subject is one of my illustration heroes doesn't hurt at all. Props to the guys at Sidebar for asking all of the right questions. Get it here. Hey, while you're at it, read Peter's blog!

  • Bed time. Peace.

No comments: