Saturday, March 21, 2009

Three Options

Tonight, I have three options for entertainment: Bonnie "Prince" Billy at the Pyramid, DJ Babu at Hi-Fi, and 48 Heures at the Lo.
  • I'm only slightly familiar with Will Oldham's work, as I saw his records in the "indie" section of Musiplex (where I worked oh-so-long ago), and occasionally heard him on Brave New Waves. If I were to go, it'd only because I thought his appearance in the Zach Galifianakis' version of "Can't Tell Me Nothin'" was brilliant, as was the entire video.
    And if I were to go, I'd be the only black person there. You'd think I'd be used to that by now.
  • Babu fucking rules. However, at the Hi-Fi Club, I have a feeling that I'll be hanging with folks that don't know who he is.
  • 48 Heures is a straight-up rap and drinking party. The name? John Smith wanted to see if they could do a show with only two days of promotion. And of course, there's this.
Fuck it...rap wins. Peace.

No comments: