Thursday, January 01, 2009

Al'z 2009 Resolutions

Al'z 2009 Moleskine Monthly Notebook
Documenting 2009 in style with Moleskine. Sticker by Sasha Barr.

Last year, I came up with a list of ten. In October, I joined the Y to handle resolution #1, but I have yet to attend. Sad.
Looking back at the list, numbers 1, 2 and 5 were the most important to me, so I'm restating them for this brand-spankin' new year...and for public record.
  1. Health. Eating better, exercise, healthier habits all around. If I drop 100 pounds, I'll be happier than a dude that can fellate himself. Whoa...
  2. Drawing. Everyday. Every fucking day. Not just for a project, for fun, too. And I gotta draw things I have a hard time with. So that means buildings, women, cars and caricatures are on the menu.
  3. Illustration. I got an online portfolio started, now I just have to follow through. And I can't be afraid to sell stuff, either.
So, yeah. There y'go. Here goes nothin'!

2 comments:

Luke in Progress said...

Man oh man oh man, the draw every day one is killer.
I've been trying to do that for years, and while you will have a good stint of a month or so just OVER achieving, one day you just get busy and everything slips and you 100% forget, then whamo, two months between art posts *laugh*
However, I do hope you destroy every last one of those goals.
More power.

Allan Lorde said...

Thanks, man. I appreciate the support. :)