Monday, November 17, 2008

(I forgot to) mention...

Me at CKUW
DJ Vom
Me n' DJ Vom

Last week, as part of CKUW's Pass the Mic thingee, I was invited by DJ Vom of (scratching the) surface noise to play tunes and shoot the shit on his show. If you want to hear my business college radio education kick in along with some great tunes (IMHO), here's what y'gotta do:
  • Go to this part of CKUW's audio archive.
  • Locate the "Sunday November 9, 2008" episode.
  • Pick yer poison: stream or download, three levels of audio quality to choose from – for the time being.
Before you do that, let me inform you that it's a six hour show, and my bit is in the first hour, more or less (we were late). So for the sake of brevity, here are some points of interest:

First Hour
44:04 – A Bollywood soundtrack joint that Madlib sampled (a bargain basement find of Vom's).
49:26 – My set starts!

Second Hour

3:45 – Vom introduces me

Third Hour
16:36 – Set ends, the weirdness of "The Gingerbread Man" and "Clutch Cargo" begins.

All in all, it was a lot of fun, and I didn't fuck up much. I do encourage you to listen to the entire six hour stream if you've got some time on your hands. There's some incredibly nutty shit right after my set.

No comments: