Saturday, September 22, 2007

Empowered Vol. 2

I've never been so amped for a comic book in my life. For real. Ever.
As you know, I'm a fan of the work of Adam Warren, and I've gushed until I've nauseated myself about how good Empowered is. Well, the second volume of tales about the body issue-obsessed heroine and her quirky superhero compadres is coming our way shortly. It was supposed to drop on the 19th, but it's been pushed to the October 3rd, regrettably. Thing is, it'll be more than worth the wait. Check this 10 page preview at Publishers Weekly for an appetizer. I mean, c'mon...an anthropomorphic lizard with a speech impediment? I totally wish I had fuckin' thought of that!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read the original Empowered, and although I liked the art I hated the comic. It was just so....so....blah. Great T and T, though!

Allan Lorde said...

It's probably obvious, but the first one blew my mind. :)