Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Art Chantry on Design Matters

I've been listening to Design Matters with Debbie Millman for a minute now, and last week's episode with Art Chantry is far and away my fave. It's a snapshot of a man in transition (moving from St. Louis, Missouri to his hometown of Tacoma, Washington), a man refusing to let change get the better of him (he's going back to school to integrate computers into his design work (!!!). That revelation knocked me the fuck out!).
I've been pimping this episode at gigposters.com for a bit, so when it was on, a number of us gathered 'round the ol' virtual radio like it was a World Series game. Imagine my surprise when Debbie joined gigposters to say "hi"* to me and respond to criticism of her opening monologue once it was over!
At any rate, the interview was a fuckin' hoot. I strongly suggest you give it a listen.

Art Chantry on Design Matters with Debbie Millman

*This is an example of how small the world has become due to the 'net. A little while back, I mentioned that Debbie's intros were "incredibly fawning to the point where she embarrasses her interview subject". Turns out, she got wind of this and brought it up on a subsequent episode. I was like, "she's not talking about what I said, is she?" I figured if she was, she must've hated my guts. That wasn't the case. In an e-mail, she said that she appreciated my criticism. [blackmanblushing]Well, I'm glad to be of help.[/blackmanblushing]
We're flickr contacts now. Isn't that cool?

Related Links:
Letting the GP folks knowDesign Matters with Debbie MillmanSterling Brands

No comments: