Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Random Thoughts: May 17th, 2005

  • I can't believe school's over. I miss the grind.
  • Last Friday, we had our final class at Eric Crone's house. Great times were had. I ate 7 burgers.
  • This week, the job search began. I dropped off a resume at the Manitoban to become their Graphics Editor. Wish me luck!
  • I'm currently without a regular computer "home". I feel like one of those guys that chills at friends' places until things get better. Right now, I'm the Learning Commons @ Red River with the rest of the freeloaders.
  • Tomorrow, I'll be ordering a 20" iMac. Feels good.
  • Currently, I'm listening to the Blues Explosion's Damage and Heavy Trash, the self-titled project by Jon Spencer and Matt Verta-Ray. In regards to Damage, I don't know what took me so long to buy this thing. I don't feel worthy of calling them my favorite band for getting sidetracked like that. I know they'll find it within their hearts to forgive me. I'm also diggin' Heavy Trash, probably even more than Damage. It's just stripped-down, 50s-style rock n' roll, with better lyrics (somewhat) than your average Jon Spencer project. I know I liked it a lot more than Exclaim! did. And the packaging (designed by Paul Pope and Rinzen) is fantastic.
  • About 15 minutes ago, a guy dislike was using the computer next to me. I can't wait to get my freakin' iMac.

No comments: