Tuesday, February 18, 2003

(From home/Feb, 18th, 2003/1:14 AM)
One of my classmates died in her sleep last night.
We weren't very close...we'd exchange hellos and whatnot, but not much else. Despite that, I'm missing her a whole lot right now. The girl had attitude to burn. She was loud. My friend Marsha said it best: "Even if you didn't know her, you knew of her."
True indeed. I try not to question God too much, but why was it in his plan to take beaming, energetic 19-year-old from her family? I don't understand. I guess that's why I'm mortal. As strange as it sounds, even though we weren't tight, I've never lost someone so close to me. When my man Robert told me the news, all I could do was look at her desk in disbelief.
I was kinda worried when I didn't see her in Graphic Design class this morning. That ain't good, I thought. Turns out, I didn't know the half. I'm not looking forward to seeing the sad faces of my classmates on Wednesday.
I really understand why folks drink. I'm taking a long walk.

R.I.P Mandy Coyne

No comments: